Although Womble Bond Dickinson Lobby LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP, it is a separate entity, is not a law firm, and does not provide legal services. Consequently, Womble Bond Dickinson Lobby LLC is not subject to the rules of professional conduct applicable to lawyers and law firms, and its clients do not have the benefit of the protections of the attorney-client relationship.
WBD Lobby provides a full range of pro-business government relations services to companies doing business in South Carolina. Led by veteran government relations professionals John DeWorken and Sunnie Harmon, WBD Lobby advocates for clients before South Carolina lawmakers and regulatory agencies, bringing a sophisticated approach and a deep understanding of the market.
Their clients include domestic and international corporations, national and state trade associations and manufacturing companies. With nearly 30 combined years in practice, their range of experience includes business policy issues, tax policy, tax incentives and credits, labor issues, procurement, appropriations, and health care to name a few. The team’s relationships with legislators, agency heads, staff and the Governor’s Office run far and deep.
Strengths & Successes
- International Experience. Successfully represent international corporations and their interests in South Carolina.
- Masters Complex Issues. Dives into issues to intimately learn, such as sophisticated energy issues, cumbersome procurement, and detailed tax policy.
- Tax Credits. Regularly leads successful lobbying efforts to pass credits and incentives in business arenas such as economic development, angel investors, small businesses, jobs, and the film industry, to name a few.
- Business Issues. One of a few lobbying teams that perennially reduces unneeded red tape for business clients to create more jobs and invest more capital.
- Big Issues. Takes on global issues, such as leading the lobbying effort to send $233 million of relief to over 90,000 South Carolina businesses.
- Manufacturing. Nearly 30 combined years of working with manufacturers on issues that impact thousands of South Carolina jobs.